Volunteer Hours Over Time:
About Goodwill Industries of Orange County
Goodwill of Orange County has provided thousands of people with disabilities and other barriers the opportunity to achieve their highest levels of personal and economic independence through competitive employment.
Founded in Orange County in 1924, Goodwill of Orange County is a nonprofit organization with its Main Campus located at 410 North Fairview in Santa Ana.
Working Wonders For Nearly A Century
Since 1924, Goodwill of Orange County has helped people with disabilities find employment, become independent and support themselves and their families. We’re proud of our heritage and have a rich, active history in the local community:
- Goodwill Industries was founded in 1902 by Reverend Edgar J. Helms in Boston Massachusetts
- Goodwill of Orange County opened its doors in 1924 as a branch of the Los Angeles-based Goodwill Industries of Southern California
- Our Orange County operation began as a storefront on Fourth Street in Santa Ana and has since become a well-recognized community service provider and leading employer with more than 900 employees and an annual budget of more than $78 million
- Thousands of children and adults with disabilities or other barriers are served every year
Along the way we’ve earned a number of accolades:
- Goodwill of Orange County is a responsible nonprofit agency, with 92% of every incoming dollar directly supporting our services for people with disabilities and other barriers to independence
- We’re recognized as one of the seven Best Companies to Work for in Orange County by OC Metro Magazine
- We’ve been voted Best Thrift Store by The Orange County Register readers too many times to count and are currently the #2 Vintage store in OC
- Launched shopgoodwill.com in 2000 and was named among "TIME.com 50 Best Web Sites of 2009."
- The first and only Goodwill to create the Goodwill Fitness Program for people with disabilities and chronic illness
- We have consistently achieved three-year CARF (The Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission) Accreditation since 1980