7:00AM – 1:00PM
Why Become a Volunteer?
Each year volunteers offer their time or resources to Tour de OC to give a slice of hope to abused and neglected children. Tour de OC is fortunate to have a planning committee that is dedicated to providing our volunteers with a positive experience.
How many of us have said, “There never seems to be enough hours in the day.” Volunteering is the gift of time. May the gift of your time to Tour de OC bring you fulfillment and joy. We appreciate all of you that adjust your busy schedules to make a difference in the life of children facing insurmountable odds. Our volunteer effort is designed to accomplish our mission and ensure that we serve to the best of our ability with the resources we have available.
Be a Part of our Tour de OC Volunteer Team
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, please call:
Kim Farthing at 949.887.1402 or send Kim an email
Tour de OC depends on volunteers like you to help the recruit, organize, and help the event run smoothly! We need volunteers in the following three roles:
Take charge of a group of volunteers to organize one of the key event areas such as publicity, marketing, industry outreach, speaking engagements, and research. We need “Influential Leadership Circle” members to provide their bio and photo for news releases and assist with sponsorship. Committee leadership needed to recruit teams, clubs and riders. Use your expertise to provide hope and courage to abused and neglected kids giving them the chance to experience a one-week camping experience along with mentoring and club programs throughout the year.
Every leader needs talented troops to accomplish the job. The committee chairpersons need your help in food preparation, securing food donations, raffle items, and data mining just to name a few. There’s sure to be a job that matches your experience and interests.
Day of Event Volunteers
The day our riders have been waiting for has finally arrived. As an integral part of our team, you can provide help in any of the following areas:
- Check-In Area – Welcome the riders, help check them in and get them out on the route
- Starting Line and Finish Line assistance
- Cheerleading Support – Encourage riders along the route.
- SAG (Support And Gear vehicles) – Assist Logistics Director as needed.
- Medical – Treats injuries as necessary. We’re looking for EMTs, RNs and others with a medical background.
- Mechanical Support – Provides bicycle repairs and inspections for the riders.
- Route Marshals – Participants who are experienced riders and serve as an example of safe riding. Marshals help ensure the safety of all participants by reminding riders of the rules of the road.
- Rest Stop – Serves refreshments and offers support, encouragement and lots of cheering!
- Finish line – Cheers riders in after completing their day, serves refreshments and distributes T-shirts, distributes medals and obtains surveys.
Vanguard University55 Fair Drive Costa Mesa
Costa Mesa, CA 92627 Driving Directions
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Tour de OC Tax ID: 952414466