KX 93.5 is a non-profit, member-supported, non-commercial, and Laguna's only FM radio station. LISTEN ONLINE: www.KX935.com
Follow us on www.Twitter.com/KX935
Who We Are
KX 93.5 (KXRN-LP) was founded October 15, 2012 in Laguna Beach, CA by Tyler Russell, a then 23-year-old graduate of Chapman University. Since then, Russell, the KX 93.5 staff, and more than 100 volunteers aim to create radio that is meaningful, locally-oriented, and focused on music discovery. KX 93.5 is Human Crafted Radio.
To connect Laguna Beach and worldwide listeners with an open-door policy that allows the exposure of “Generational Alt Rock” musicians, non-profits, and community causes.
Locally-focused FM radio is vital to a community.
- We believe our audience can be connected through a local radio station that immerses itself into the arts, culture, events, and music of a community.
- We believe talented, under-recognized musicians deserve exposure, and we strive to be a resource for them.
- We believe that our audience is witty, intelligent, and sophisticated in their musical taste. We aim to entertain at a level that exceeds that of commercial radio.
- Responsiveness, availability, and communication are a priority for our staff and volunteers.
- We are dedicated to developing the talents of on-air hosts, student interns, and special needs volunteers.
- We strive to bring people together through real-time, live announcing about local news, weather, traffic, and emergency preparedness.