About Miracles For Kids
Miracles for Kids’ mission is to improve the lives of children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses, and to provide support to the families and other primary caregivers who care for these children.
In order to achieve its mission, Miracles for Kids’ programming focuses on three main goals: (1) To operate core financial aid and other support programs needed to remain stable and face daily emotional and economic struggles; (2) To operate of health and wellness programs aimed at keeping Program children and families physically, mentally and emotionally strong; and (3) To serve as an advocate and resource in the community for critically-ill children and their families.
Miracles for Kids operates five core programs that together fulfill the organization's goal of providing solutions to meet low-income families basic needs and provide year-round support:
(1) The Grant Program (The Program) - provides monthly financial aid to low-income families who, as a result of their critically-ill child, struggle to fulfill basic financial obligations such as rent/mortgage, healthy food, transportation and medical insurance payments
(2) Basket of Miracles - provides healthy food, household supplies and basic necessities to The Program families
(3) Fund-a-Family - matches a donor directly with a family in need
(4) Familycare - provides healthcare to uninsured members of a patient’s family
(5) Closet of Miracles – a newly launched, no cost resource of gently-used clothing, shoes and household supplies for families in need
Miracles For Kids has not yet activated their merchant account with Givsum. Your donation will go to the GIVSUM Foundation who will issue a check to Miracles For Kids ( less applicable fees ) as a grant within 30 days. You will get a tax receipt for the full amount of your donation from the GIVSUM Foundation, which you may use for your tax purposes.