Established in 1996, Creative Identity is a 501(c)(3) non-profit therapeutic music and expressive arts pre-vocational day program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The organization began with George Gilliam, a music therapist and professional jazz guitarist, who evolved the small expressive arts program into a pre-vocational day program that serves musically and artistically talented program participants.
Creative Identity is based on the belief that music and expressive arts can promote positive change on all levels of human health, well-being, and development.
Under the leadership of a 8-member board of directors and 13 dedicated staff members, Creative Identity continues to improve societal perceptions of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through community integration program attendees, artists, and musicians can establish a common dialogue through music and expressive arts.
WHERE WE ARE LOCATED:
- Anaheim, California with a sister program site located in Laguna Beach, California
To improve the lives and societal perceptions of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by providing therapeutic and educational interventions that cultivate personal and social responsibilities, pre-vocational skills, independence, and creative potentials.
We envision a supportive and integrated community where individuals with developmental disabilities are valued and accepted as creative and contributing members of society.
- Individualized and client-centered services - We recognize that each individual is unique. We tailor our services and use a client-centered approach to ensure that the unique needs of our students are met.
- Honesty and trust - At Creative Identity, we place high value on honesty and trust between our instructors, students, and their families. We foster honesty and trust within the organization by communicating with openness, honesty, and integrity.
- Safe and supportive environment - We understand the impact that the environment has on everyday functioning. We make every effort to provide a safe, enriching, and supportive environment by adapting and modifying instruction and interventions to fit the individual needs of our students.
- Creativity - At Creative Identity, we recognize that all individuals have different needs and interests. Therefore, all instructors and students are encouraged to share new ideas and develop and implement innovative approaches.
- Diversity - We are an organization that welcomes, embraces, and values diversity amongst our instructors, volunteers, students, and their families.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- Up to 160 music and expressive arts classes are offered each week in string and percussion instruments, choir, ceramics, and painting.
- At least six weekends out of the year are dedicated to community experiences where students can sell their artwork and ceramic ware at local craft fairs or art exhibitions and showcase their talents, skills, musical, and artistic progress through paid and community service concerts.
Here's a video of what we do! :
Creative Identity EIN: 330684800
200 N. Harbor Blvd. Ste 210, Anaheim, CA, 92805